BRTel understands that the current Operator’s networks are experiencing challenges in terms of launching next generation networks which can bring added difficulties and generally increase the complexity of the network. Having new vendors and suppliers onboard, management capacity of various subjects and counterparts and 3rd parties, creating new quality demands that can sap an operator’s operational resources and highlight gaps in the skills and capabilities of teams who are already committed to looking after existing systems and services.
Any evaluation of network behavior will require performance data collected and recorded by its NEs according to a schedule established by the EM. This aspect of the management environment is termed Performance Management. The main objectives of Performance Management in any network are:
- Enable service provider to win and retain customers and enhance its competitive edge
- Manage Complex services that cross multiple technology vendors, Interconnect partners to ensure Service Quality Management
- Minimize SLA violation
- Gain optimal visibility of network from any where any time
- Map performance management to market priorities and strategies
- Increase network availability & ensure improvement in network KPIs
- Decrease likelihood of serious network outage
- Present almost real time end to end view of performance traffic pattern and trends; capacity and resource utilization
- Reduce cost by detecting underutilized equipment or by maximizing resource utilization
- Improve network planning decisions by analyzing past and present trend.
- Ensure that network capacity meet current and future market.
- Benchmarking network performance and prepare overall quality improvement plan.
BRTel has got the capability to deliver complete portfolio of performance management and quality improvement services. During start-up phase of such projects, Performance Management team identifies, defines and implements needed performance reports and checking routines in order to fulfil Customer and internal requirements.
The output of the start-up phase is a complete matrix of the performance reports and checks, ensuring that all required performance areas are covered, and that continues performance follow up is possible. Performance Management team continuously follows up the performance of the network, analyses the root cause of the performance issues and re-routes the issues for resolution to the right organization depending of the nature of the issue.
Network performance figures and trends are regularly reported to Customer with agreed weekly and monthly reporting templates. Network performance reports are reviewed by Customer and Managed Services in the Performance forum, where possible required performance related corrective activities are agreed.