Advanced Care Services Projects
Mobile Communication Company of Iran known as MCI and also under its brand name Hamrah-e– Avval, is the first in Iran and largest operator in MEA with over X million subscribers. The network is equipped with 2G & 3G & LTE technology products of major vendors like NSN, Ericson and chinese manufacturers of Huawei and ZTE.
Early 2013, NSN announced to officially withdraw from the Iranian market and called off all their existing care contracts with operators, among them MCI. That paved the ground for local stand up of the companies who owned the legacy and enough international experience and competence enabling them to take over the care and maintenance business. The mindful and wise decision of MCI higher management especially the CEO was an empowerment of this initiative extending this to a national breakthrough.
Backed with our global scale and proven expertise in telecom services, BRTel’s Advanced Care services helped MCI maximize network quality, availability and stability and as stated by MCI management “better service than the vendor by far!” According to MCCI CEO, “ Having a major vendor leaving the network was like an 8 Richter magnitude scale Earthquake” enforcing us to live up with our own local capabilities and expertise.
BRTel is pleased to have taken significant steps toward Operation of resistance mode leaving lot’s of challenges, obstacles and constrains behind maintaining such a gigantic network. BRTel Care software services have covered a broad range of services assuring the world class, up to speed and high quality maintenance services. Responsiveness and accountability is the key to our success. We always do our best to be one BIG step ahead of our customer and the network requirements.
BRTel has made lots of efforts maintaining the stability of the network by regular service desk software care support, dealing with the fast resolution of troubles, handing incidents, restoration of outages and provision of technical inputs to the back office of MCI.
Over 2000 tickets have been escalated to BRTel, via the ticketing tool Simplicity, during past years and almost all of the cases have achieved the SLA standards and requirements. BRTel has run multiple preventive care and audit projects for a few main core network elements as well as the entire IP network and the findings were considerable to watch.
Below is the list of projects per stream:
- Core Network optimization project
- M16 Nokia SW deployment
- Cs Fallback Feature activation
- A over IP (AoIP) activation ( pool & non pool)
- EMLPP activation.
- Integration pf multivendor RNC with CN
- Activation of Delay assignment feature.
- Activation of the RAT restriction feature in Nokia HLR and MSS.
- Activation of the new pooling feature.
- IN attribute feature activation.
- Call reestablishment feature activation in core side.
- Creating patches for database correction on MSS/MGWs.
- MSS and MGW HW expansion.
- Nokia RNC integration and commissioning
- SGSN Cutover to rebalance PS core network load.
- NOKIA BSC software upgrade
- Launch first NOKIA RNC based on MCCI
- 2G to 3G system interworking feature activation .
- RNC and NOKIA Flexi BSC ATP process delivery.
- Trial Multi homing activation on NOKIA RNCs.
- Pre-emption feature trial activation .
- Finding software release bug
- Launching new type of NOKIA flexi BSC.
- AoIP feature activation on BSCs
- BSC & RNC commissioning, Integration projects
- OSS upgrade.
- 3G Network integration to new OSS.
- NE migration from NetAct to fresh NetAct.
- CM 3G planning tool activation.
- NBI and Clarity integration for new NetAct.
- Solving OSS databases inconsistencies
- Multi-vendor Optimizer tool activation